Release Wrap Up — August 2020
It’s been a busy month here at Jina — our team has been beavering away on our core product, Jina Search, and our other projects like Jina Dashboard and Jina Hub, both of which are getting their first releases this month. They grow up so fast!
So, needless to say, we’re excited to share the highlights of our release notes.
We’re just sharing a smattering of highlights here. Be sure to click through for the full notes!
Jina Search 0.5.0
Jina Search provides the core of our neural search framework.
- Recursive Document structure
- Native data querying capabilities
- Migration of Executors to Jina Hub
- Support for Mindspore
Jina Dashboard 0.1.0
Get insight on running tasks in Jina. With Dashboard, you can analyze logs, design Flows and view Jina Hub images.
- View log stream. When running a Jina instance with log server enabled, you can view logs output by your instance in the
log streamtab by connecting it to the Dashboard in the
- Monitor Tasks. You can view network load, queries per second, and messages sent and received by your Jina instance in the
- View and Edit Flows. In the
flow designtab, you can view the Flow of a running instance, import a Flow in YAML format, edit and export a Flow in YAML format.
- Explore the Hub. In the
hubtab, you can view available images, and explore more information about each one such as setup instructions, README's, and build history.
Jina Hub 0.1.0
A centralized registry of custom and community-driven Jina Apps and Pods that are tailored to specific use cases of neural search.
- We have decoupled the Core (Jina Search) and Hub into two projects. They are maintained under two different repos ( jina and jina-hub ) and controlled by two different CIs. They are connected via
git submodule, i.e.
- We have clarified the file structure of “a valid Hub executor”, and established best practices for developing a new Hub executor. We’ve also refactored all Executors from the core into this new structure.
- We have improved the CLIs for maintaining Hub executors: there is a new interface
jina hub new(create new Hub Executor), and improvements on the
jina hub buildinterface.
- Finally, a new Github Action
hub-builderhas been released to Github Marketplace and integrated into the CI of
jina-hubto ensure the validity of every Executor